What most people saw:
- NDP and Bloc vow to vote against budget spending motion
- Ignatieff and Liberals vow to bring down government unless they get concessions
- PM says no to concessions
- Ignatieff begins to backtrack on firm stance to bring down Conservative government
- PM reiterates he won't concede 360 hour EI qualifying standard
- Pm and Liberal leader meet
- Ignaiteff concedes Isotopes, stimulus spending, 360 EI qualification
- PM agrees to a "blue ribbon" EI panel, all other Liberal demands abandoned
- Ignatieff backs down on 4 supposed conditions for continued support
- Duceppe says Ignatieff sees Dion when he looks in mirror
- Layton ridicules Ignatieff for settling on blue ribbon panel, bragging he got billions
- Election avoided, Conservative government gets summer to make spending announcments
- Conservative government should see increased polling due to rebounding economy
- Vast majority see this as win for PM, Ignatieff diminished
How Bob Fife saw it:
- Ignatieff and Liberals were the winners for avoiding an election they supposedly would have won.
- Ignatieff ignores hand-picked strategist Warren Kinsella, also David Herle's advice in forcing an election. Brilliant
- Libloggers unhappy with Iggy capitulating on demands, sign Iggy made the right move.
- Prime Minister the big loser for avoiding an election he would have supposedly lost
- Conservatives give in to none of the Liberals demands, standing firm on EI qualifying rules, yet Ignatieff won the staredown.
I'll have some of whatever Fife is smoking please.