Monday, June 8, 2009

Someone's distracted, but I think It's David McGuinty....

I turn on question period, and there is Liberal MP David McGuinty asking that the minister of natural resources be removed from the Chalk River file because she is "distracted". Of course McGuinty first asks about an alleged audio tape that nobody has heard yet, and that has absolutely nothing to do with Chalk River or isotopes. So who's distracted?. Now one would think that if you are going to accuse someone of being too "distracted" to do a job properly, you might want to ensure you have been handling your job competently So what does McGuinty have explained to him by the minister he call "distracted" about comments he made the day before?:

"He said that Australia would not be able to export a single medical isotope. And again that is false," Raitt charged, "And he confused the countries of Belgium and the Netherlands."

I think McGuinty might have just had a Mr. Carlson of WKRP fame moment. I can just hear him now, " as god is my witness, I thought Holland was in Belgium".

12 comments:

Jen said...

this is the same guy (guinty) who complaint that a conservative mp assaulted him. conservative Deputy speaker got up later to say that he was the one who bumped into MCGUINTY.

Remember that fiasco Biff? I laughed til my sides hurt. that LPOC is nuts.

They most definetely have medical problems.

paulsstuff said...

Biff, Biff's not here, he's at his place. LOL Jen.

Jen said...

what do you mean 'his place' Paul?

paulsstuff said...

"Remember that fiasco Biff? I laughed til my sides hurt. that LPOC is nuts."

I thought you got me mixed up with Biff. Biff's blog is called Biff's place.

wilson said...

Certain liberals sure seem to know alot about what's on a tape under a publication ban, eh.

I wonder how that tape/recorder got from the ladies can to Maher,
and why it took 4 months to become public.

Fay said...

I am sure I heard Scott Reid on the broadcast say that the aid gave the recording to Stephen Maher herself and they are all wondering why she has changed her mind about publishing it.

Bec said...

4 Months, wilson? Sheesh I really do have to catch up here. I thought I heard something completely different.

Anyway regardless, I ALSO want to know why the Liberals have details from the tapes.

That little gal would be wise to CHANGE her name to insure future employment or she could wait to turn 27 and then perhaps work for the Count.

maryT said...

Why are you surprised at David mixing up countries. It is a liberal thing, remember Paul Martin and Norway.

Fay said...

I just watched Scott Reid say that the aid gave the recorder to Stephen Maher herself. It is recorded on Don Newman Politics at the very end of the show.

Anonymous said...

You couldn't compose a fiction story with this weird a story line. Two brothers, both politicians, both total idiots. Amazing!!

paulsstuff said...

One looks like Norman Bates, the other Norman Bates with a thyroid condition.

Anonymous said...

I think the real story here is that Michael Ignaiteff decided to prop up the Harper government because he was threatened with retaliation by the CEOs of three major banks from the Canadian Council of Chief Executives.

Good to know where he's getting his marching orders!